On your own
Spend a few minutes smashing the shoulders and calves.
Tabata 8 rds (alternating)
In place Knee Highs
Barbell prep for wod
1 mile run (see map below)
10 bear complex – use 55% of your max clean
1 bear complex includes each of the following movements.
- Power Clean
- Front Squat
- Push press
- Back squat
- Push press
*** these need to be all separate movements. A squat clean thruster does not count as the first three movements, and a back squat to a press does not count as the last two movements.***
- Do all 5 movements (1 complex) without putting the bar down
- Attempt to do as many complexes in a row without putting the bar down, but don’t start one unless you plan on finishing it!
- Hint: you can use the back rack position at the start or finish of the back squat as a rest.
Athleo Running Route: 3 laps is about 1 mile.
On your own warm up starts as soon as you walk in the door.
- Run or row 400 m
- Couch Stretch 1 min each side
- If you are early, find a spot on the floor and foam roll/mobilize until class starts
Shoulder/ Chest mobilization
Barbell warm-up for strength component
EMOM 6 min
4 Push Press at 85 % of your max
- Spend a few minutes warming up to your weight
As man rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
15 Air squats
- This is a classic CrossFit workout and it is as challenging as you make it, so push yourself!
- Don’t sprint out of the gate, try to continuously move, and rest only for a few seconds at a time.
- Aim for all movements to be unbroken for as long as you can.
- To give you an idea of how many rounds you should aim for (Scaled or Rx) here is a breakdown by level of fitness:
Well Rounded Beginner – 10 rounds
Intermediate Athlete – 15 rounds
Advanced Athlete – 20 rounds
Elite Athlete – 27 rounds
Chris Spealler – 38 rounds…yea he gets his own category. http://games2009.crossfit.com/competitors/athlete-rankings-cindy.html
5 sets of 5 repititions (5×5)
- Use 80% of your front squat 1 rep max (same weight across all sets)
- Warm up with a few sets of light weight
- Focus on only taking 90 seconds of rest between your working sets
12 minute AMRAP
12 Stationarry front rack lunges – use 35% of your 1 RM for front squat
6 sets of 1 rep at a time
- Warm up with a few reps of light weight
- Work up to a heavy single.
- Pause at the bottom of the OHS.
With a running clock:
100 ab mat situps
400 meter run
400 meter row
50 air squats
Every 2 min for 12 minutes complete
3 Cleans @ 85% of you max effort clean.
AMRAP 18 minutes
20 KB Cleans
200 meter run
20 KB swings
Watch how to do a KB Clean
800 m row or run
TBT! – lets get warmed up!
8 rds tabata hanging L- Holds
Rope Climbing – Make sure you wear knee high socks or long pants to avoid getting scraped up by the rope
- If you have climbed the rope in the past, group up at one rope and work through 5 climbs.
- If you have not climbed the rope or are scared of heights we will work on learning the leg wrap and a scaled version of the climb.
EMOM 12 minutes
Odd Minute: 10 Chin ups
Even Minute: amrap of Double-unders in 45 seconds
5 x 5 Strict Press- Use 80% of your max strict press
- Same weight for all sets
- Warm up to your specific weight by doing a couple reps of increasing weight.
- Rest 90 seconds between sets.
21 15 9
Deadlift – 50% of your max
Burpee Box Jumps – 24/20
Tabata 10 rds alternating movements:
- Hollow Rocks
Bring your rainy day running shoes and maybe a towel and a change of clothes if you want to leave the box dry! Rain or shine we are having fun with the named wod “Nancy”. For those of you who melt in the rain we may offer the use of a rower instead, but there may be a small burpee penalty.
“Nancy in the Rain”
(if it rains of course…if it doenst rain, then its just “Nancy”)
5 rounds for time
400 m run
15 OHS 95/65
- use your towel to dry your hands and bottoms of your shoes before grabbing the bar…seriously, if its raining make sure to do this.
- 25 min cap
- If you cannot do 15 unbroken reps of 95 or 65 you will need to scale. Try using 40% of your 1RM for OHS
Class Warm up
For Strength, 15 min to complete:
8 Unbroken back squat using 65-70% of your max back squat, off the rack
8 HSPU – scale with strict dumbbell/ kettlebell press or piked HSPU
Rest – no more than 2 min, shorter if you can.
* If you are using a similar weight as another person, share a bar.
** Focus on using good technique.
NOTE: Percentages of 1 rep maxes isn’t an exact science. If you calculate your weight and it seems too heavy for you, round down or drop the weight by 5-10 lbs. As you get to know your lifts more and more you will have a better idea of your capabilities. Make notes in your log about how the weight felt.
30 Thrusters using 65% of your Push Press
16 Rounds Tabata (alternate movements):
- Mountain Climbers
- Medball Sit-ups
30 minute cap
800 meter Run (4 laps around building)
50 Wall Ball 20/14
800 meter Run
60 Hurdle hops
80 DB Snatch 45/20
800 meter Run